Monday, August 16, 2010

STRIKE TWO

Here's what we heard on the second-to-last show ever:

Har You Percussion Group // Oua-Train
Jimmy Smith // Stay Loose
Joe Williams // Get Out of My Life, Woman
Led Bib // Yes, Again
Lee Morgan // The Sixth Sense
Budos Band // Budos Rising
Buck 65, Sook-Yin Lee, Adam Litovitz // Into the Woods
Hugh Masekela // The Boy's Doin' It
Lloyd Miller & the Heliocentrics // Pari Ruu
Konitz, Cheek & Leibovici // Odysseus Returns Home
Onra // Anthem
Coleman Hawkins // Ill Wind (You're Blowin' Me No Good)
James Blackshaw // Cross
Gold Panda // Snow & Taxis
Gauntlet Hair // I Was Thinking...
Mt St Helens Vietnam Band // At Night
Hellbound Hepcats // Only Man
Porcelain Raft // Tip of Your Tongue
Florence & the Machine // I'm Not Calling You a Liar
Perfume Genius // Learning
J Dilla // Time: Donut of the Heart
Neon Indian // Deadbeat Summer
Bottomless Pit // Winterwind
Lower Dens // Completely Golden
Blonde Redhead // Spring and by Summer, Fall
Elliott Brood // Second Sun
Rae Spoon // You Like All the Parties
Balam Acab // Regret Making Mistakes
Mumford & Sons // After the Storm
Thread Pulls // Weight
Sebastian Blanck // I Blame Baltimore
Jane Vain & the Dark Matter // Smoke Signals
The Poison Arrows // Interpretive Hunter

Next week is a special edition of the Get Up: The Bran Finale. The three hours are dedicated to dedications - since it's my last show before I go away for a long, long time, I'm going to be playing songs for everybody I'm gonna miss. I'm going to the Netherlands, with only seaside bike rides and smoked Gouda to distract myself from all the folks I left back home. Audience participation is encouraged - call in & request a song for somebody you need to see on a daily basis --

xo

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment