Monday, July 26, 2010

Folkbomb explosion aftermath

We really jazzed it up for the first hour, transitioning to other genres with a Sharon Jones track. Somebody called in to reprimand me about some dead air when I came back from a bathroom break. That bummed me out. Being on the radio is the best, though, and I picked myself off, dusted myself off, and played some Flaming Lips.

Today, we heard:

McCoy Tyner // Blues for Gwen
Artie Shaw // I've Got My Eye on You
Herb Alpert & Tijuana Brass // Beautiful Friend
Gary Burton // The Sound of Music
Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers // Ecaroh
Sidney Bechet & Mezz Mezzarow // Breathless Blues
Benny Carter & His Orchestra // Cotton Tail
Keith Jarrett & Charlie Haden // No Moon at All
Donald Byrd // Elijah
Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings // Give it Back
Tame Impala // Alter Ego
Blue Shadows // On the Floor of Heaven
Dan Mangan // Above the Headlights
Icarus Himself // Digging Holes
Flaming Lips & Stardeath & White Dwarfs // On the Run
Steve Mason // The Letter
Minus the Bear // Secret Country
Villagers // Becoming a Jackal
Serena Maneesh // I Just Want to See Your Face
Young Galaxy // Disposable Times
Jon & Roy // Any Day Now
The Burning Hell // When the World Ends
Baths // Aminals
Delorean // Endless Sunset
Pigeonhole ft Moka Only & Itchy Ron // Looptape

I spoke to Mathias Kom, of the Burning Hell, yesterday at Folkfest. That interview aired this morning. Their website can be found here: http://www.wearetheburninghell.com

That's it for me today. Time to do some editing and ride the bike home.

xo

Dane

No comments:

Post a Comment